We are developing a stand alone purchasing department to support growth of the business and require a purchasing assistant/buyer to join our team in Macclesfield.
We are looking for someone who is hard working, flexible and enjoys working in a high pressured and varied environment. There is significant opportunity for further career progression as the business continues to grow.
Duties include, but are not limited to…
- Purchasing material for inventory and non-stock items for warehouse and to fulfil customer orders
- Scheduling and raising purchase orders and booking in goods into Sage, including items from overseas suppliers
- Responsible for all supplier relationships, including negotiating with suppliers for improved discounts
- Monitoring key supplier performance in terms of on time deliveries and quality of items delivered
Training will be provided in relevant computer systems (Sage and First Degree)
Required experience and skills…
- Ability to make decisions and work accurately under pressure, multi task and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and desire to get things right.
- Organised and works on initiative.
- Good commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
- Basic IT skills
- This is a full time role of 37.5 hours per week with 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension with Standard Life and free car parking.