DOORCO is an established business that continues to grow and expand rapidly. We are looking to enhance our internal IT & Systems capabilities to help lead the business though its next phase of growth.
The role will report to DOORCO’s Technology and Project Lead and key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Assisting with implementation of key business projects (Business Micros Roll out, WMS, Sage, CNC Machines re-configuration, XML Ordering, Time & Attendance System) tasks to include:
o Data configuration
o Image creation
o Responsibility of selected areas of the business project plan to manage through to completion as a mini-project.
o Creating system procedures/guides on new system features/processes
o Side by Side testing for system upgrades or key changes
o Testing new system features/processes and key system changes/upgrades
• Creating and undertaking detailed system testing plans for key business software programs such as:
o Business Micros (Manufacturing Order Processing/Management System)
o Warehouse Management Stock System
• Supporting the business with day to day assistance on system/data issues both internally and customer facing.
• Assisting with hardware installs/issues, working with a third party infrastructure provider.
• Assisting with day to day to data tasks such as new products/parts, customer setup, price increases
• Assisting customers with data requests for their system setup
• Liaising with key external IT/Software suppliers such as Business Micros, Sage/Datel, B2B on items such as support requests, requesting updates on outstanding items and requesting new actions.
• Assisting once up-to-speed with DOORCO systems on delivering ongoing or one off user training programmes to continually improve use of software to enhance the business and DOORCO staff understanding of new or existing system features/processes.
• Creating training videos/guides that new or existing staff members can utilise.
• Assisting with keeping the file server organized and company operation manual is up-to-date
• Assisting with monitoring IT Systems/Hardware Backups to make sure that they are functioning correctly and also to test restore procedures.
• Working in each department throughout the business that interacts with IT Software to gain first-hand experience/insight in to how the systems & processes are performing in order to identify bugs/recommend improvements/assist with training.
We are looking for someone who is hard working, flexible and enjoys working in a high pressured and varied environment. There is significant opportunity for further career progression as the business continues to grow.
Required experience and skills…
• Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals and levels
• Thorough understanding of a range of software environments, including the following:
o Microsoft Outlook / Word / Excel / Access
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Microsoft Server Environments
o Adobe Creative Studio (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) (ideal but not essential)
• Education or/and experience within an I.T background
• Organised and works on initiative.
• Able to make decisions, work accurately under pressure, multi task and prioritize workload due to customer or business demands.
• Strong attention to detail and desire to get things right.
This is a full-time role of 37.5 hours per week with 20 days holiday. Comes with free car parking, employee benefit portal and pension with Standard Life.