DOORCO is fast growing business based in Macclesfield and require a Purchasing Controller or Buyer to join our busy Purchasing Department.
We are looking for someone who is hard working, flexible and enjoys working in a high pressured and varied environment. There is significant opportunity for further career progression as the business continues to grow.
Duties include, but are not limited to…
• Forecasting and placing orders for overseas stock with 7-8 week lead time, ensuring no stock outs
• Liaising with Custom Freight to book in container deliveries and ensuring that these are booked in accurately
• Maintain accurate and up to date information on container schedules, arrival dates and stock allocations
• Purchasing material for inventory and non-stock items for warehouse and to fulfil customer orders includes items such as (includes items such as glass, cassettes, paint, packaging, uniform)
• Reporting any discrepancies with suppliers and monitoring delivery on time in full
• Scheduling and raising purchase orders and booking in goods into key business systems
• Monitoring any out of stock items and keep key information up to date regarding delivery dates for customers
• Maintaining accurate records of supplier price lists and /or changes to these
• Dealing with invoice queries and /or returns relating to faulty or damaged goods
• Monitoring any out of stock items and keeping key information up to date regarding delivery dates
Training will be provided in relevant computer systems (Sage and Business Micros)
Required experience and skills…
• At least 2 years prior experience in a busy purchasing department
• Ability to make decisions and work accurately under pressure, multi task and prioritise workload.
• Strong attention to detail and desire to get things right.
• Organised and works on initiative.
• Good commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
• Strong word and Excel skills