DOORCO is a leading manufacturer and distributor of composite doors across the UK. The business has experienced significant growth in the last 5 years and this growth looks set to continue for the future. The business is based in Macclesfield and currently employees 115 members of staff. Due to its size, it is now looking to recruit a Transport Supervisor to join the existing transport team.
Responsibilities are to include but not be limited to:
- Ownership and use of TMS system across the Business, supporting and challenging where required to drive efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Legal compliance across the fleet, assisting in managing budgets, identifying the risks, issues and opportunities within the transport function deploying innovative and creative solutions to develop the operation.
- Continuously review current and future volumes to ensure that sufficient resources are engaged to enable a cost-effective complete logistics solution to customers.
- Assist in managing, motivating, engage, empower, train and develop the team as required.
- Assist in development of future distribution and transport network including to improve network efficiency.
- Liaising with the Purchasing and Sales Departments to ensure maximum utilisation of the vehicle fleet.
- Resourcing routes daily ensuring the correct management of drivers’ hours and O, License requirements.
- Communicate effectively with drivers to ensure understanding of planned routes, safety, efficiently and legally.
- Assist in development and implementation of local transport strategies across the Business Unit in line with national and regional strategies.
- Management of the servicing schedule and any additional vehicle requirements.
- Support the Business, Transport Manager with Transport KPI’s and KPI improvement within the Business Site.
- Valid UK Driving Licence with no serious endorsements.
- Excellent knowledge of the road network.
- Understanding of Driver hours and WTD.
- Transport Legislation and Transport planning, route scheduling and network improvement.
- Able to provide feedback/suggestions on process improvement/efficiencies drive.
- Understanding of operator’s license requirements and experience of dealing with an operator’s license.
This is a full-time role of 40 hours per week with 20 days holiday, and 3 additional paid holidays over the Christmas period. Other benefits include: –
- Auto-enrolment into Company Pension Scheme.
- Enrolment into a cash benefit scheme where employees receive cash payments to cover dental, opticians and other services. This includes access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Healthline.
- Company parking.
- Access to employee discount portal which provides money back on a range of companies and products.