The main responsibilities of a Sales Order Processor is to accurately check and process all customer orders into the business, ensure that the correct stock is allocated to these orders and that they are despatched in line with service levels. It requires a strong attention to detail, efficient computer processing skills, good organization and time management. It will also require communications with customers, so a good telephone and email manner is also required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Processing customer sales orders completely and accurately for Distribution and Manufacturing. Order are received via web portal, .csv imports, XML orders and processed on Business Micros
- Process order amendments daily in line with standards / procedures e.g. changes to order, cancelled orders
- Check stock status and any issues on both BM and Stockist and highlight / record stock outs on the back order spreadsheet or other reporting mechanisms
- Process order substitutions as required based on robust knowledge of stock options
- Liaise with customers to confirm orders as required
- Demonstrate strong awareness of Credit Status of Customers (customers on Stop)
- Ensure orders are processed accurately on the most suitable Production and Despatch dates
- Liaise with Production Scheduling to ensure orders received can be fulfilled
- Check pricing of orders as required – run price checking reports and report anomalies
- Despatch Distribution orders from Sage to import to Stockist
- Run stock allocation of Doors, Cassettes, Glass and Ancillaries. Cross Reference against any items on back order
- Monitor and actively update Live orders to ensure all orders are fulfilled, followed up and despatched. Complete a daily review of all orders on hold to ensure dates are moved on accordingly
- Produce and distribute other ordering reports as necessary e.g. updating order intake on the board or spreadsheets, producing Emplas reports
- Answering the telephone, assisting with customer queries
Training will be provided to use in-house systems (Business Micros and Sage computer systems).
Required experience and skills:
- B2B/trade sales/service experience preferably within the composite door, double glazing or builders trade counter sectors
- Organisational skills and strong time and task management to ensure issues and /or tasks generated throughout the day are concluded
- Proven experience of regular and timely verbal communication to customers or colleagues in addition to email or system generated messages
- Willingness to learn to understand the supply processes and timescales to provide a quality, deliverable service
- Strong attention to detail and desire to get things right
- Good all-round IT skills and proficiency in MS Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel
- An enthusiastic attitude and desire to do what is required to support the business
- An ability to stay calm under pressure, multi task and prioritise workload.
This is a full time role of 37.5 hours per week with 28 days holiday. Comes with free car parking, employee benefit portal and pension with Standard Life.