DOORCO is an established business that continues to grow and expand rapidly. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Transport Manager to join our team in Macclesfield.
We are looking for someone who is hard working, flexible and enjoys working in a high pressured and varied environment.
Duties include, but are not limited to…
- Transport and Despatch staff management (day to day management, performance reviews, recruitment, training and development, holiday and absence management).
- Vehicle Management (compliance with H&S and legal requirements, leasing arrangements, Mileage Monitoring, Service Scheduling, fuel card management).
- Overseeing transport route plans and van loads and effective use of Load building software.
- Production of KPI’s including van utilisation targets and financial variances actual to budget.
- Liaison with customer services and shop floor management to ensure that daily dispatches are planned and organised on time.
- Dealing with customer queries or contacting customers regarding changes to despatch schedules.
- Overseeing safe and on time daily loading procedures.
- Make recommendations to the senior management team on acquisition of fleet
Required experience and skills…
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, multi task and prioritise workload.
- At least 2 years experience in relevant Transport role.
- Excellent communication skills both with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Organised and successful in team management, delegation and influencing.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- Good all round IT skills and proficiency in MS Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- An enthusiastic attitude and desire to do what is required to support the business.
- This is a full time role of 40 hours per week with 20 days holiday, although hours may vary depending on dispatch requirements. Competitive salary subject to experience.