DOORCO is an established business that continues to grow and expand rapidly. We are looking for a new Warehouse Deputy Manager to assist in managing the growth of the business to be based in our offices in Macclesfield. The role will require close working together with the Warehouse Manager and other teams across the business.
We are looking for someone who is hard working, flexible, enjoys working in a high pressured and varied environment with prior warehouse or supervisory experience.
Responsibilities are to include but not be limited to:
• Monitoring a daily schedule of picking, packing, dispatching and loading of goods for next day delivery (including quality levels)
• Completing regular stock checks throughout both warehouses to maintain stock levels and accuracy and assist with 6 monthly and annual stock take
• Supervising warehouse and administrative service personnel to ensure all tasks completed satisfactorily
• Monitoring H&S in the department with the Warehouse Manager, completing relevant daily/weekly checklists
• Work with Manufacturing Production management team to ensure picks are prioritized in the order required to complete the days production
• Opening/Closing of both Warehouses and assist (as required) in staff scheduling, overtime, holidays or absences
• Identify areas for improvement and establish/adjust procedures and practices with the Warehouse Manager
• 3 years minimum relevant experience as Warehouse Supervisor/Deputy
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Hands on commitment to getting the job done
• Proven ability to direct and co-ordinate operations
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Knowledge of warehousing software packages and proficiency in Office and Excel
• Driving License preferable but not essential
• FLT qualified would be advantageous
The Vacancy is being advertised internally within DOORCO, please register your interest with Mark Towers along with a paragraph and /or your CV explaining why you would like to be considered for the position.